WEEKEND IN SOFIA
Sofia is one of the oldest cities on the Balkans found by the Thracian tribe Serdi. In 29 A.D. Sofia became the capital of the Roman province of Inner Dacia. Through the ages, the city played role as an important trading center in the Byzantine and Bulgarian Empires. Under Ottoman rule, Sofia was the center of Rumelia province. Sofia became the capital of restored Bulgaria in 1879, with a population of only about 12,000. Today many streets, buildings, parks, and even whole neighborhoods preserve the architectural style from the turn of the century.
The Boyana Church’s frescoes bring epochal change in the mural painting and are considered predecessors of the European Renaissance. The majority of more then 240 figures depicted there have individuality, vitality and psychological dept.
The price includes:
- 2/3 nights BB accommodation in Hotel Marinela 5* (www.hotel-marinela.com)
- Flight ticket with Wizz Air from city of origin to Sofia and back including all taxes and small cabin bag (42x 32 x 25 CM )
- Transfer airport – hotel – airport
Admission fees (not included):
- Large cabin bags ( fees are calculated based upon date of travel and airport of origin )
- Optional tours
Children 0-5,9 y.o. – free of charge, children 6-12,9 y.o. – 10 EUR per night plus city tax, children 13 y.o. and above – 20 EUR per day plus city tax
- 295 € pp for 2 nights package
- 355 € pp for 3 nights package
- The rates are subject to EUR 0,67 City Tax per person per night.